Friday, May 16, 2014

Launch Post, the Second

Dear reader, welcome back to my blog.

After a year of silence, I am writing to you again.

A lot happened, not only in the world of underground structures, also in my personal life. I moved from Switzerland to Oregon, U.S.A. to pursue a PhD study in the field of geotechnical and earthquake engineering at the Oregon State University. More about how to apply for American universities, how to put yourself ahead in front of the all the other applicants, how to get to be known by well known professors, how to successfully get accepted at the universities of your choice, and other related topics like how to find a research topic for a PhD ..., more about all this in my upcoming articles later on.

But first, in my next posts, I am going to talk about the most recent events:
  • The Geotechnical Symposium at University of Washington (UW) in Seattle, WA, U.S.
  • Some intell about the Bonneville Dam and the Columbia River
  • Floating bridges in Seattle
  • A recently happened land slide in Oso, WA
  • The next upcoming event - the 10th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering in Anchorage, Alaska, in July - is getting some attention and posts from me, too.

I intend to post new articles every 10 to 14 days.

Forecast:
  • May 25th - General information about the Geotechnical Symposium at UW
  • June 5th - Presented topics at the Geotechnical Symposium at UW
  • June 15th - Bonneville Dam

I hope I got your interest in my next posts.

If there are topics you would like covered or if you are interested in special themes of the National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, who I should see, visit or talk to, please let me know in the comments.


Have fun reading and discovering my blog.

Stephie

No comments:

Post a Comment